Monday, January 31, 2011

Obsideo per monumentum, venator per vereor, atque validus per incendia

Yeah, that's Latin.
Just thought I'd mix things up a little bit..
For this post, I want to reminisce about this past year.
First and foremost, I just want to say it was the hardest time of my life, by far.
I endured much pain: losing the one I loved, family hardships, quarrels with friends...
But through those hurtful times, many doors were opened. Yes, the times were hard. Yeah, I shed a lot of tears. And of course there were days when I just didn't feel like continuing on down this difficult path.
But if it's one thing I'm most definitely not, it's a quitter.
Tomorrow, February 1st. 2010. I broke two hearts. You probably remember my post from around this time last year. I was in bad shape.
But because of that pain, I learned valuable lessons about relationships, heartbreak... and myself.
In this past year, I have broken ties with a few people... But in breaking those ties, I had formed new ones and renewed relationships with old friends who I had taken for granted.
I've matured a lot, in the way I go about doing things. I used to just do whatever I felt like... But now I think about the repercussions of my actions.
And I've taken a liking to Latin. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment